Monday, December 26, 2011

Battle of the stretchers: Elongated Man vs. Mr. Fantastic vs. Plastic Man

Googling Elongated Man pics I run into a very interesting one pitting Platic Man and him agains Mr. fantastic. It turns out that some people from the Comic Vine have made a battle contest for artists in which they should portray the two stretchers and the shapeshifter in a 3-way fight. The idea was conceived by J_Evan:
"So, I really wanted to do a battle contest between two rubbery characters but I couldn't limit it to one or the other DC characters, so I'm giving you guys some flexibility (pun intended) with this one. Draw a battle scene between at least two of the following three characters: Mr. Fantastic, Plastic Man and the Elongated Man."
So far, maxicere posted this, which I my favorite:

KEROGA's post reminded me of the Three Stoonges (which are getting a new movie with a great cast, btw):


And finally, Payno decided to leave it between the two stretchers:

Fun to see how in two of those pics Ralph's uniform is the one from Justice League Unlimited and the other, KEROGA's, has the original version (the one from the 80s). Maybe it's because the other one is too similar to Plasti Man's.

KEROGA and Payno took some free license with the stretchers, since they cant really shapeshift (although Ralph became a bit of a molder in the 90s).

Here is the link to the original thread in Comic Vine, The contest started three weeks ago ans is still going on, so you might want to check it out now and then.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The first and third ones are AMAZING! I'm a big fan of the purple and white costume (having read JLE for the whole run). I especially dig the effects on Mr Fantastic's stomach in the first pic. Great idea for a match-up! Looking forward to more of these!

    The Irredeemable Shag
    http://firestormfan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, apparently, that was it. They are voting and closing the thread. I think it's obvious which one is going to win.
    I'll upate this post with pics from other sources later.

    ReplyDelete